Our goal at Medicina Belleza is to achieve natural looking results which you, the client, feels comfortable
Some of the treatments available are:
- Botox® Cosmetic - A Botulism A toxin medication that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe wrinkles. When injected, it relaxes the muscle by interrupting an enzyme that communicates between nerves so that the muscle is unable to contract and make a wrinkle. This therapy has been available for several years and is used frequently. The results are seen approximately 4-6 days after injection and lasts from 3-6 months. BOTOX® Cosmetic is effective between eyebrows, at the edges of the eyes, around the nose, lips and forehead. Botox also smooths worry lines, lipstick lines, frown lines, crow's feet and bunny lines. It also improves both vertical neck wrinkles and horizontal neck bands (turkey neck). As the body establishes more nerves in the treated area, muscle action gradually returns and the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear and need to be treated again. Botox is also used in several medical conditions.
- Micro-needling - This therapy is minimally invasive and uses fine needles to puncture the skin and create a controlled skin injury in order to stimulate your own skin repair and thus rejuvenate the skin. It is combined often with application of elastin or collagen, solution for peels, or Vitamin C. Prior to the procedure, the skin is numbed/anesthetized with topical medication to reduce any discomfort. The device (Skin Pen), quickly applies a group of needles to the skin. A sterile disposable needle group is used only once and then disposed. This assures sterilization of the device with each use. Micro-needling is also called skin needling, collagen induction therapy (CIT), and percutaneous collagen induction (PCI).Micro-needling can treat acne, fine lines, bunny lines, and crow's feet.
- Alumara - This is used with phototherapy and reduces lines, pore size, & acne. This therapy improves skin firmness, supple appearance and overall skin texture. This can be applied not only to the face, but also to the neck, chest, and/or hands. Alumara is often combined with Micro-needling for maximum results. This is one of the more revolutionary therapies.
- Injectable Fillers - Products in this category include Rejuvaderm, BellaFill, and several others. These are injected under the dermis to fill in the areas that have lost their fullness due to aging. Cheeks, lips, and around the mouth are common areas treated. The goal is to look natural but some clients do prefer overfill which is highly recognizable.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) - This is referred to as the "Vampire" treatment since it involves drawing 2 lab tubes of blood (approximately 14 cc or less than 1/2 of an ounce). It is then centrifuged to separate the plasma, the platelet rich plasma, and the red cell portions.The plasma and PRP sections are then processed and can be injected, used with fillers, or used in combination with micro-needling. The person's own PRP section contains growth factors and possible stem cells which stimulates the person's own body to develop collagen in the areas treated. PRP can also be injected into the scalp to stimulate hair growth. This is one of the newest therapies that has been shown to be beneficial.
A combination of all the above medical treatments can be done for maximal results. During your consultation , we will discuss the options available and each client is strongly encourage to openly discuss their concerns.
Medicina Belleza offers the Epionce line of products which is only the highest quality facial products developed by a dermatologist. Their results have been researched to assure effect.
"For my clients, it's all about giving them individualized attention and personalized care. I love getting to know my clients and their areas of concern while I help them feel better about their appearance."
~~ Edythe Garvey,
Owner of Medicína Belléza